TERMS AND CONDITIONS
MONTHLY PARKING PERMIT AGREEMENT
THIS AGREEMENT IS BETWEEN THE CITY OF SANTA BARBARA AND THE APPLICANT ONLY.
1. Monthly parking permits are NOT transferable. Permit may only be used by the person and the vehicle (s) listed on this application. This contract may be terminated by either party with a 30-day notice. Notice can be given to the Downtown Parking Office at:
1221 Anacapa Street
Santa Barbara, CA 93101
2. Monthly parking fees shall be paid in advance. Initial payment shall include the first month’s fee and a deposit equal to one month’s fee. All checks shall be made payable to the CITY OF SANTA BARBARA. Payments not received by the 15th day of the month shall be DELINQUENT and the permit will be subject to termination.
NOTE: All unpaid balances assigned for collections will be assessed a 45% collection surcharge.
3. Assigned Parking Areas or Levels must be observed. Monthly Permit holders may not park on the ground level of any garage at any time. Failure to observe this policy may result in termination. PERMIT DOES NOT GUARANTEE A SPOT IF PARKING LOT IS FULL.
4. All parking permits are issued on a calendar month basis (i.e. 1st through 31st). The monthly fee shall not be pro-rated at the beginning or the end of this contract.
5. There will be a $20.00 charge for replacement of lost or stolen permits, or for permits damaged beyond normal wear and tear. Please notify the Parking Office immediately if your permit has been lost or stolen.
6. Night Collection Envelopes are regularly issued to all vehicles parked after business hours. When you receive an envelope, please write your NAME and PERMIT NUMBER on the envelope and return it to the Parking Office for validation within 10 DAYS. Envelopes may be returned to the Lot Operator, in the receptacle at the exit, or by mail.
7. NIGHT COLLECTION ENVELOPES not returned for validation within 10 DAYS will be assessed a flat fee by a separate billing.
8. All monthly permit parkers must use their permit to gain entrance into the lot and to exit it. Failure to comply with this procedure may result in termination. If you know you do not have your parking permit, please contact the Parking Office in advance for exiting instructions.
9. Please notify the Parking Office of any changes to your address, vehicle license(s), employment information, or phone number.
10. If using a “hang tag” style permit the Permit Holder is required to display the identifying permit on the rear view mirror as long as the vehicle is parked in the lot. The permit MUST be visible to City Parking Staff and City Police. A permit is not valid if permit is not properly displayed.